Research-based Talking Points – Stuart Grant
ART=OPPORTUNITY is a campaign highlighting arts literacy as vital to student success. This is why:
Preparing for the Workforce:
Arts literate students:
- are creative students who can think outside the box, take risks, be flexible, and
- know how to cooperate and collaborate.
- can problem solve.
- are sought-after as employees and set higher career goals.
- have proven leadership capacity.
Active engagement in society/life:
- gives students voice to participate in learning and to tell their stories.
- opens doors to developing empathy, kindness, and cross-cultural understanding.
- provides students with hope and resiliency.
- leads to civic engagement and lifelong arts participation.
- Arts literate students consistently have higher test scores in reading and math. ART=OPPORTUNITY
- Arts literate students consistently have better attendance in School K-12.
- Students who have studied arts are more likely to pursue and succeed at post-secondary
- Arts literate students are engaged and motivated.
- Arts literate students have deep critical thinking skills.
Download the ART=OPP Playing Cards Here!