- provide robust administrative and operational support for the faculty and students engaged in the high-impact practice of for-credit, academic internships; and
- assist with sustaining existing and developing new university-community partnerships related to for-credit internships.
Services to Faculty
- Develop and screen academic internship sites for appropriateness and safety.
- Promote the CSUSM internship program to students and the community.
- Coordinate the signature/execution of Community Partnership Agreements.
- Retain student placement and consent form information.
- Collect and retain student placement data to generate reports.
- Provide faculty development opportunities in the area of internship program practices and pedagogy.
The Faculty Director of Internships supports faculty in sustaining and developing for-credit, academic internship opportunities. The Associate Director is a Liasion to the Community in establishing community relationships, in addition to supporting the administrative functions of the office.
* Want to work with a community partner not found in our database? Request Community Partner
* Want to access the Service Learning & Internship Database? Service Learning and Internship database
* Want training on the database (S4)? Faculty User Guide
* Want more information on how to offer an Internship? Faculty Internship Checklist & Faculty Toolkit