Steps for securing a non-credit internship:
- Search for internship sites and opportunities.
- Log on to the database with your CSUSM username and password.
- Non-credit internships on the database are listed as "non-academic internships."
- Search for internships by clicking the "Opportunities" tab and entering keywords.
Keywords can include terms such as majors, social issues, industry type, age range
(i.e. children/youth, adolescents/teens, seniors/elders), type of service, etc. Students
can also search for specific community partners by searching under the "Sites" tab.
- Review the posted internship opportunities. In addition, watch the Internship Safety Orientation.
- Apply for the internship position by following the specific instructions detailed in the position listing.
- The positions may use varying screening methods including written application, resume
review, interviews, etc.
- Make your placement. After you have secured an internship placement, follow the instructions to make your
non-credit internship placement on the database.
For more information, see the student frequently asked questions.