CSUSM Internal Campus Departments now have a few options when planning an event.
All event requests still go through 25Live for space request, however, not all events
will be assigned an event planner. Please see below definitions of event types before
submitting the formal event request.
Simple Meeting or Room Maintenance
- Request space through 25Live no less than three (3) business days prior to the event
- Conform to established building hours
- Does not require dedicated service personnel
- Does not require equipment or campus resources
The Campus Self-Service model gives departments the opportunity to plan and coordinate
events without the need for a planner. Below is a guideline for departments to follow.
ECS will confirm the space location and work with department contact to create a layout
that will fit the event venue. The services listed below will be provided by the
campus service provider according to the department’s selection. Space for these
events should be requested through 25Live.
Venues excluded from the self-service option include: The McMahan House, Kellogg
Library Reading Room, USU ballroom, amphitheater, rooftop, fields and the new Sports
Typically, these events may include:
- Conforms to established building hours
- Set up:
- Standard Indoor set up selection will be rounds, lecture, boardroom or classroom style
- Standard Outdoor set up selection will be vendor, rounds, lecture or reception
- Includes tables for catering and/or registration
- Catering: Client will make all necessary arrangements with catering company per the
campus “approved” list including: menu selection, delivery instructions for the venue
location, parking permits, assure clean up post event and arrange payment directly
- Audio Visual- IITS: Simple AV equipment to be checked out from the helpdesk to include:
microphones and mic stands
- Conference Telephone- IITS: Can be requested by calling x4530
- Parking: Event Lots, Sponsored Guest or Standard Parking permits must be requested
through the Parking portal. Lots will include generic “special event” signage for
the blue sign holders based on the lot reserved. Lot attendant may be provided upon
request for a fee. Pedestrian signs will not be provided.
- Provide your chargeback number for billing
Campus Full Service
Event and Conference Services provides a service that will assure a successful and
one stop event planning experience. By selecting Full Service, departments will meet
with an Event Planner to coordinate all aspects of the event. The Event Planner will
work with department to define the services needed to fit within the budget and campus
venue. An event coordination fee will be applied to all full service events.
The following venues require an ECS Planner via the Full Service option: The McMahan
House, USU ballroom, amphitheater, rooftop, Kellogg Library Reading Room, Fields and
the new Sports Center.
Typically, these events may include:
- University President will be speaking or attending event
- Exceeds Standard Business Hours
- Custom Set Up: Deviates from standard set up or a modified version of a standard
- Linens, dishes, floral arrangements, market lights, entertainment or décor
- Catering: menu selection, presentation, set up/break down and logistics
- A/V Technology requires complex audio-visual equipment and/or stage lighting
- Parking: Event Lots will be processed through ECS. Lots will be assigned based on
the guest count and location of the event. The cost for an Event Lot will include:
assigned Lot based on guest count, directional signs to the Lot and pedestrian signs
to event location both will include the event name. A lot attendant may or may not
be assigned for 1 hour based on the Lot location.
- Requires dedicated event planner or assistant
- UPD or CSO
- State Fire Marshall approval
- Special Event Insurance / Risk Assessment
- Alcohol /ABC License
- External Service Providers
- Request/require a policy exception
- Website and on-line registration
- On-site Registration