- CSUSM NewsCenter
- Top Stories
- Student News
- Steps Magazine
- Fall / Winter 2012 Issue
- Spring / Summer 2012 Issue
- Fall / Winter 2011 Issue
- Spring / Summer 2011 Issue
- Fall / Winter 2010 Issue
- Spring / Summer 2010 Issue
- Fall / Winter 2009 Issue
- Spring / Summer 2009 Issue
- Fall / Winter 2008 Issue
- News Releases
- Experts Directory
- Media Mentions
- Faculty & Staff News
- Campus Newsletters
- Submit a Story Idea
- Office of Communications Website
In the Current Issue
- View the full issue with a full-screen "page flipper" effect
- An Artful Education
New research finds that the arts boost reading in elementary schools
- Leaving Their Mark, Seniors Give Back
Senior business major Marco Lemus is challenging his classmates to show their Cougar pride and give back to Cal State San Marcos. “This campus has given so much to us as students,” he said, “it’s important that we give a little back.”
- Cultivating Future Ecologists
Home to more than 55,000 plant varieties and 5,600 animal species, Brazil has the largest biodiversity in the world. Nearly one in every four plant species can be found within its borders. Exploring the effects of deforestation on one of the country’s prominent ecosystems, CSUSM undergraduates travel to Brazil each summer to participate in a unique internship conducting field research.
- A Home for Heroes
CSUSM currently has the highest percentage of student veterans per capita of any university in the CSU. Among the student-veterans who call CSUSM home are filmmaker Sebastian Maselli and former U.S. Navy search and rescue swimmer Amber Bouge.
- Call of Duty: Piloting Marine One
Marine Corps helicopter pilot and history alumnus Major Jim Mullin is among a select few commissioned to fly Marine One, transporting our nation’s most precious cargo: the President of the United States.
- Download the complete issue as a printable PDF document
- The complete 2011 Honor Roll of Donors (PDF)
Need a printed copy?
To request a printed copy of Steps Magazine, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.