The Master of Arts in Education degree is designed for K-12 credentialed teachers who want to refine their professional education knowledge, skills and dispositions.
To apply to the program for Fall 2019, we recommend reviewing the Step-by-Step Application Guide that can be accessed HERE to ensure that your information and all documents are submitted correctly.
Prospective students must submit the Cal State Apply application and upload the required documents that will be reviewed by the School of Education under the “Program Materials” section by May 31, 2019. Applicants should have the following documents accessible in order to upload before starting your application:
- Verification of your Initial Teaching Credential.
- Statement of Purpose describing interest in the program, as well as how the program fulfills personal, educational, and career objectives.
- Two (2) Names and Email Addresses of persons that have agreed to supply Letter(s) of Recommendation to the program on your behalf.
- Copies of Unofficial Transcripts from institutions where you earned your bachelors degree and credential. Unofficial Transcripts from CSUSM are not required.
- You will also be required to pay the $55 Application Fee in order to submit your Cal State Apply Application.
After you have successfully submitted your Cal State Apply application, you will receive an automated confirmation email. Within 2-3 business days, you will also receive an automated email from CSUSM Office of Admissions and Student Outreach as well as information regarding your Interview/Orientation.
Once you’ve submitted your Cal State Apply application, please also submit (1) copy of official transcript(s) from each college or university you’ve attended. Please refer to the Step-by-Step Application Guide for instructions on how to submit Official Transcripts.
Admissions decisions will be sent out before the end of June 2019.
If you have any questions regarding your application prior to then, please contact Nam Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org