Kinesiology at CSUSM is an IMPACTED program. An undergraduate major is designated
as impacted when the number of applications received from fully qualified applicants
during the initial filing period exceeds the number of available spaces. Such majors
are authorized to use supplementary admission criteria to screen applications.
The following supplemental admission criteria will be used to determine acceptance
into the Kinesiology degree program.
- Cumulative GPA from all coursework of AT LEAST 2.5
NOTE: A GPA of 2.5 is NOT a guarantee of admission. Kinesiology has limited seats each
semester and selects students according to overall competitiveness. The most competitive
applicants will have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Grade of "C" or better in the following four Core kinesiology courses (or equivalent)*:
- KINE 202: Introduction to Kinesiology
- BIOL 104: Principles of Biology: Human Emphasis (with lab)**
**Note: an Intro or General Biology w/lab (4 semester units) is generally acceptable
- BIOL 177 Anatomy & Physiology I for KINE majors (with lab)
- BIOL 178 Anatomy & Physiology II for KINE majors (with lab)
(Note: 1 semester of Anatomy w/lab and 1 semester of Physiology w/lab is acceptable
for A&P I/II)
*Prerequisite core course(s) can be in progress at the time of application. If completing
a course outside of CSUSM, an unofficial transcript displaying a final grade is required
as proof of course in progress.