We need trained administrators in schools.
That is why the faculty at CSUSM have set out to create the Master of Arts in Educational
Administration program. This program connects theory and practice to relevantly prepare
future administrators for today’s educational environment. This fully online degree
provides advanced training to earn your Master of Arts in Educational Administration
and your preliminary Administration Credential in just 12 months. The program is fully
online to meet the flexibility needed for working teachers without compromising the
high level of education and interaction with today’s leading faculty on educational
Aside from earning your credential and master’s degree, the Master of Arts in Educational
Administration program builds in the course work and preparation for the Cal APA testing,
now required for new administration in California. This process is embedded into the
program to allow students to move directly from our program to an administration position.
The faculty here at CSUSM are dedicated to make this 12-month online program a valuable
experience. With an entire faculty made up of experienced school administrators, students
can rely on a high level of interaction with their professors and an education that
can truly be learned today and applied tomorrow.
View our past live webinar with a Q&A session and hear faculty discuss program details,
costs, the admission process and much more!
The Master of Arts in Educational Administration is a fully online program that can
be completed in 12 months. Class sizes are no larger than 25 students to ensure the
highest level of interaction with faculty. The program has a focus on K-12 educational
leaders using a lens of cultural proficiency. Candidates also conduct meaningful field
experience work in school settings.
Students will develop skills and knowledge in all aspects of practice related to:
- Leading an institution with values and focus on social justice
- Preparation for the Cal Administrator Performance Assessment with current Cal APA
- Improving curriculum and instruction
- Creating an environment to nurture literacy and digital learning
- Managing budget, legal issues and personnel
- Understanding and responding to data
- Engaging in sound theoretical and practical leadership philosophies
- Developing a culture of continual school improvement
Please note, to be considered for admission you must reside in an approved state.
For more information and a list of approved states, please visit our State Authorization page.
Earning a Master of Arts in Educational Administration would prepare you for:
- Principal/Assistant Principal
- District Administrator
- Instructional Coordinator
- Educational Director or Supervisor
- Salary schedule move
- Teaching at the college level
Have questions? Complete the form below