Individual Courses - Admission Process
If you would like to complete one or all of the courses below but do not want to pursue a full certificate program, please register using the links below. Please add all desired courses to your cart BEFORE checking out.
The courses below are open to the public and do not require submission of the program
application to register.
- ENGB 300 - The Evolution of Beer Across Time and Space
- ENTR 400 - Entrepreneurship and Marketing in the Craft Beer Industry
|Course - Open to Public||Term||Course Fee||Registration|
|ENGB 310 (3 units)||Spring 2020||$500||ENGB 310 Registration|
|ENGB 350 (3 units)||Spring 2020||$750||ENGB 350 Registration|
Full Certificate Programs - Admission Requirements and Process
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- ONE of the following is required for admission to the Certificate of Specialized Study
in Basic EngiBeering:
- Associate degree from an accredited college that included a course in life science and a course in physical science
- Two years of college (60 semester units) that included a course in life science and a course in physical science
- Two years of brewery operations experience
How to apply to the Basic EngiBeering and/or the Advanced Brewing Science program
- Submit the EngiBeering program application
- Upload your current résumé (required)
- To expedite the application process, upload unofficial transcripts reflecting an associate degree or 60 semester units including a life or physical science course, if these are the admission requirements you meet
- Submit official transcripts to CSUSM
- In addition to submitting the program application, you must request and submit one official transcript from each academic institution attended*
- Delivering transcripts to CSUSM
- Electronic delivery is the preferred method. Verify with your school if an electronic transcript is available. They can be provided through external or third party vendors (Credential Solutions, eTranscriptCA, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, etc.). When ordering your transcript, please choose California State University San Marcos as the intended recipient from the school name dropdown. If California State University San Marcos is not listed, please use firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient email address.
- If you select to mail your transcript, all official transcripts must delivered in sealed envelopes to the address below.
- Office of Admissions and Recruitment
California State University San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096
*Official transcripts from foreign institutions MUST be sent through postal mail.