March 3, 2020 - Presidential Primary Election
- CSUSM Poll Site Location and Hours
- Union CoWork Classroom in North City (251 N City Dr Suite 128F, San Marcos, CA 92078)
- Polls open from 7:00 a.m. - 8 :00 p.m.
- If you live in the Quad or UVA, the Union CoWork Classroom is your 2020 poll site.
- If you live off-campus, check your poll site information.
Importance of March 3rd Vote
- In this primary election constituents will vote to narrow the field of candidates for a given elective office or to determine the
nominees for political parties in advance of a general election (ie. Presidential Election in November 2020).
- In this Election you will vote for:
- Representatives in the U.S. Congress and the California State Legislature
- Proposition 13 School Bond, a proposed law for California
- Other candidates and proposed laws depending on where you live
Election Related News
March 3rd Election Timeline
March 3, 2020
7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Go to your local poll site
- Register online or postmark by February 18, 2020
- You can "conditionally" register and vote at your county elections office after the 15-day voter registration deadline.
- if you missed the deadline go to a polling place or vote center to register in-person.
- Register and vote on the same day of the election at your poll site. Find your poll site.
Must arrive by February 25, 2020
Completed Ballots, Including Vote-by-Mail Ballots
Personally delivered ballots:
- Must be delivered by close of polls on March 3, 2020
- Must be postmarked on or before March 3, 2020, and received by your county elections
office no later than March 6, 2020.
Voter Education Resources
CSUSM Voter Registration and Participation Rates
2018 Voting Rate: 45.5%
Change from 2014: +29.5
2018 Voting Rate for all institutions: 39.1%
There was an 11.7% increase in registration from 2014 to 2018
Voting Rate of Registered Students
There was a 36% increase in registered students from 2014 to 2018
There was an 29.5% increase in voting rates from 2014 to 2018
Results shown from the National Study of Learning, Voting and Engagement (NSLVE) CSUSM 2014 & 2018 Campus Report.
Upcoming Voter Engagement Events
- There will be campus-wide voter registration and voter education events during the
- Get out the Vote: Super Tuesday!
- Tuesday, March 3 | 11:00 – 1:30 PM | Forum Plaza 3
- Get out the vote! Today is the day to make your vote count. Grab a snack and voter
guide before heading to the polls!
- Check back for dates and time about these events.
This webpage is intended to serve as a resource for students, faculty, and staff who
are interested in becoming more engaged with the election in March 3 (primary) and
November 3, (general) elections. It is a collection of relevant information and campus
activities (by any association, department or division) that relate to the upcoming
This collaborative effort is thanks to a campus-wide coordinating committee represented
by these units (in alphabetical order):
If you have questions about a specific event, please contact the respective event
organizer. If you are interested in listing your event at this site, complete the Add Event or Resource form or contact Rochelle Smarr at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 750-8700.