The Veterans Center will reopen for student access in a limited fashion on June 4.
ALL BENEFITS PROCESSING WILL REMAIN IN COUGAR CENTRAL FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
Due recent changes in the California State University fire code, the existing Veterans
Center will not be expanded as previously planned. We are working with the University and our generous
donors, the Epstein family, to build a Veterans Services administration building that will be separate but adjacent to the Veterans Center. More to follow as plans unfold.
The current Veterans Center will reopen as the cultural center for military-connected
students, and half of the space will house the Professional Development team.
About the re-opening
- ALL VA-benefit processing is located in Cougar Central. Vicki and her team are available
at the Veterans Services counter (far left counter in Admissions).
- CalVet information and processing is available in Cashiers, also in Cougar Central.
- The main door into the center is for staff and ADA use only. Students can enter the building through the deck-side doors to access the kitchen and computer lab .
- The interior of the Veterans Center will be a QUIET space for student use. The Professional
Development team is working hard to ensure opportunities for paid internships and
academic success of our community.
- The computer lab and kitchen will be available for use Monday through Friday from
9 – 4 pm during the summer, and 8:30–5pm beginning Aug 27th unless otherwise noted in an email or website update.
- Printing and the soda mess services remain temporarily suspended.
- Special events, such as “Chow on the deck,” will resume in the Fall. Stay tuned to emails for updates on this and other programming.
As always, if you have questions, comments, or concerns, please notify the Veteran
Thank you, from the entire Veteran Services team, for your patience as we navigate
this expansion and work to continue to serve you at the highest level possible!
Fax: (760) 750-3089
Location: Cougar Central
Craven Hall, 3700-40
Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm