The following are required for AB 540 eligibility:
- Attended a California high school for 3 years or more.
- Graduated from a California High School or receiving a high school equivalent degree
- Must register or currently be enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education
- Must file an Affidavit stating that he or she has filed an application to legalize
his or her
Immigration status or will file an application as soon as he or she is eligible to
do so. At
CSUSM, the AB 540 Affidavit (California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form)
be completed and submitted to the CSUSM Admissions & Recruitment.
- Must not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F, J, H, L, A E, etc.).