These application periods are applicable to to veterans and active-duty military only.
Deadlines must be met. No exceptions will be made.
The application period for Spring Semester admission is currently closed.
An update on Spring 2019 admissions is anticipated by August 1. Please check back
then for an update.
The application period for a Fall Semester admission is October 1 - March 31.
- Shortly after you apply you will receive your CSU San Marcos campus ID by email.
With this ID you will be able to access MyCSUSM, our online student information system which will provide application status updates. Email is the primary mode of communication, so please be sure to enter your correct email address in the application.
- Orientation is required and is usually held the week before each semester. Shortly after application, you
will receive an email giving you more details.
- Check periodically, for an enrollment appointment on your Student Center of MyCsusm,
as to when you can register for classes.
- If you plan on using your GI Bill benefits, the Veterans Center will need copies of
the following documents, after you enroll in classes. You can submit the copies of all the above documents via in-person
or by email, to the Veterans Center.
- DD214 (Veterans only)
- Certificate of Eligibility: Call the VA GI Bill phone number, 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) to request a copy via mail or you may also print a copy from EBenefits. If you print off a copy from EBenefits you must have a Premier account, which is free. Once you login, go to:
- “Post 9/11 GI Bill Enrollment Status” (print this page; PG 1 only)
- 22-1995 Request Change of Program or Place of Training: (Only if you have used your GI Bill at another college/university and/or a change
of major). You will submit this directly to the VA, using VONAPP.