department menu


How do I get my GI Bill started at CSUSM?

  • The first semester you will use your benefits, you will need to turn the following:
    • DD214
    • Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
    • Student Responsibility Agreement
    • Please note: DD214 & COE only need to be turned in once

When do I turn in my Student Responsibility Agreement?

  • Once you are enrolled in classes.

Can I turn in my Student Responsibility Agreement early? I know will be in classes for the next semester(s).

  • No, we will take your SRA only when you are enrolled in classes.

Do I need to turn in the Student Responsibility Agreement every semester?

  • Yes, this notifies us that you would like to use your benefits for that semester.

Do I need to turn in a separate Intent Form for each semester?

  • Yes, a separate SRA for each term; i.e. one SRA for Winter, one SRA for Spring.

Can I take classes at another college while attending CSUSM & have the GI Bill cover it?

  • Yes, as long as it is part of your degree plan. You will need a Parent Letter.

    After you enroll in classes at that school, submit a copy of your class schedule, along with the contact information of the school to the Veterans Center. The Veterans Center will then send over a Parent Letter to that school.

    Make sure you class schedule for the Parent Letter shows the following information:
    • enrollment in class
    • number of units
    • name of class

It is my last semester and only 2 classes left on my educational plan, is there anything I can do to be considered for full-time status?

  • Yes, you can do what is called a roundout. A roundout allows you to take classes that are not towards your major to bring you to full-time status your last semester.


Tel:(760) 750-4827
Fax: (760) 750-3089


Location: Cougar Central
Craven Hall, 3700-40


Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm 

Follow us: