Fully-Online Professional Science Master’s Degree
The Master of Science in Cybersecurity: A Professional Science Master’s degree is a
fully-online program that uniquely combines technical courses and MBA-level business
courses with real-world experience to ensure you’re prepared to advance your career
in the cybersecurity industry.
You can complete CSUSM’s program part-time in five semesters with convenient online
classes. You’ll be learning from expert faculty and have the opportunity to work in
the “sandbox” where you can practice real cyber defense in a secure network.
This fully-online program will prepare you to:
- Quickly adapt to changes and solve problems
- Conduct risk analyses for implementing information security solutions
- Assess and implement security decisions
- Analyze and select security architectures and network protocols in relation to security
- Develop secure software
- Evaluate and choose encryption algorithms
- Perform offensive security (i.e. ethical hacking)
- Perform vulnerability assessment of networks, operating systems and software
- Perform intrusion detection
- Fully-online program
- 38 units and can be completed part-time in 5 semesters
- A semester-long "culminating experience" will include on-site experience within the
- Cohort structure guarantees classes are available as needed
- Hands-on exercises
- No prior knowledge of cybersecurity required
- Cohorts begin every Fall semester
- GRE is NOT required
Online Info Session:
Register now to attend our upcoming live webinar with a Q&A session and hear from
cybersecurity program faculty and student services staff.
Monday, June 18 at 6:00 pm
6/18 - Register Now
Hear from Teresa Macklin, Cybersecurity Faculty Program Director, to learn more about
the details of CSUSM's Cybersecurity program.
Interested in taking specific courses but not the full master's degree? Find out more about taking select cybersecurity courses.
Please note: The administration of The Master of Science in Cybersecurity program
is contingent upon having the appropriate number of qualified candidates. In the
event the number of minimum qualified candidates is not satisfied, the program may
be delayed or cancelled prior to the program's start date. Accepted applicants will
be notified in writing if the program is cancelled or delayed. We encourage you to
visit our website frequently for the most up-to-date information.