The MS in Speech-Language Pathology program will prepare students for practice in
the field of speech-language pathology. This program will prepare individuals to practice
across the entire scope of the field. For more details, see our MS SLP Flyer.
- Train students in prevention, assessment and intervention practices
- Prepare ethically responsible clinicians to make EBP clinical decisions
- Promote wellness in culturally and linguistically diverse populations within our community.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, the Graduate students will be able to:
- Describe the nature of typical and disordered communication and swallowing across
- Integrate theory, research, and evidence-based principles into prevention, assessment,
and intervention practices.
- Interact and communicate in ways that promote wellness and reflect respect for diversity,
collaboration, and ethics.
- Demonstrate summative knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level practice within
the field of speech-language pathology through defense of a culminating experience.
Program At A Glance
- Cohort based program with a new cohort beginning each Fall
- 76-unit program designed to be completed in 5 consecutive semesters (including summer
- View the current program course sequence and course descriptions.
- Program prepares students in prevention, assessment, and treatment of communication
and swallowing disorders across the lifespan for career readiness across multiple
- Program offers specialty clinics to maximize student exposure to speech-language pathology
- Includes 400 supervised hours in speech-language pathology in community based practice
to prepare participants for their career
- After successfully completing the program, the candidate will be eligible for state
licensure, CTC credentialing and ASHA certification
- View our Program Statistics
- View our Speech-Language Pathology on You Tube
Office Hours and Location:
8:30am - 5:00pm (Mon - Fri)
University Hall , Suite 321
CSU San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.
San Marcos, CA 92096
Fall 2020 Admissions Timeline:
- Application Opens Mid October 2019
- Application Deadline: January 3, 2020
- Interview Notifications: Mid February 2020
- Interview Day (Invitation Only/ Mandatory): Last week of Feb 2020
- Admissions Notifications: first week of Mar 2020
- Welcome Mixer (Invitation Only/Optional): 3rd week of Mar 2020
- Intent to Enroll Deadline: Apr 15, 2020
- Online Orientation: Mid May 2020
- Bootcamp/Orientation: Week of August 25 - 28, 2020
- Fall Semester Start: August 31, 2020
Request More Information