- Bulletin Boards in the USU
- Bulletin boards are located in the USU and are managed by the USU Administration.
Posting on USU bulletin boards will be done by USU staff.
- University departments, recognized student organizations and ASI are allowed to publicize
within the USU, provided that they comply with the regulations established by the
University. USU Bulletin Boards are for the publicizing of events, programs and services
held on campus. Off-campus events may only be publicized on these boards if they are
sponsored by a University department, individual faculty or staff member (in the function
- All postings must include the name of the author (sponsoring individual or organization)
and the date of the event. Items submitted to be posted on USU bulletin boards must
be at least 4x6 inches but not exceed 81/2 x11 inches. Only one item for the same
event per bulletin board, regardless of the size / style of flyer. All flyers must
comply with CSUSM logo and branding standards. Flyers must include accessibility information
- Flyers may be dropped off to the USU Information Desk by Friday at 5pm during the
AY for posting during the following week. They will be posted for maximum of one week
and will be removed. The sponsoring group may resubmit the posting request pending
availability. Flyers featuring series events or programs with multiple dates may be
posted longer than one week upon special request and pending availability.
- Materials that do not correspond to the guidelines noted in these procedures, or that
violate University policy (for example, harassment and non-discrimination), state
law (Example – CA Penal Code 311-312.7) or federal law will not be posted, and if
found otherwise posted in the USU - will be removed.
- Off campus entities are not allowed to post materials, flyers or leave handbills within
the USU facility. Publications (such as newspapers) from off campus may not be distributed
in the USU. Off-campus announcements that have no formal relationship to the function
of the University or its students should be posted on the Community Access Boards
located elsewhere campus.
- Priority for posting will be given to Student Organization sponsored events held in
the USU as well as USU building partner sponsored events.
- Metal and Glass Railings at the USU (Interior and Exterior)
- Table Displays