department menu

MS Frequently Asked Questions

Is the GRE required for application to the CSUSM MS SLP program?

The GRE is not a requirement to apply to our MS SLP program.

Do I need to apply to CSU Mentor to apply to the Speech-Language Pathology program?
You should only apply to our programs through the active link on our websites. CSU Mentor applications should not be used for programs such as ours, administrated through Extended Learning.

How do I know that my application was properly received?
Once we have received your application, an email (listing any additional requirements) will be sent to your email address that was listed on the submitted application.

Do all of the required documents have to be mailed to CSUSM?
The How To Apply webpage identifies several methods to send official transcripts to CSUSM. Mailing the transcripts is one option. Other applications requirements to be uploaded are clearly identified on the instructions for each step of the application. No other documents must be mailed to CSUSM.

How do I confirm that my Supplemental Application was received?
Once you finished the last section and clicked on the last >> button, the next screen will show a full report of your entries for this application. You have the opportunity to save a .pdf copy of this report. The application will be received electronically by the Speech-Language Pathology department. No other action is required on your part.

If I graduated from CSUSM, do I still need to send in official transcripts?
You do not need to submit your CSUSM transcript. You will be required to submit official transcripts from other colleges and universities you have attended or are currently attending.

Who do I work on my student status/admission at CSUSM if I'm an international student?
All students will work directly with Extended Learning Student Services for these matters. Please see our Advising link for more information.

Can I use my Veterans Benefits to pay for this program?
Please visit the Extended Learning Military & Veterans Services website about the eligible funding options. You can also visit the campus Epstein Family Veterans Center or reach out directly by phone: (760)750-4827 or email: . Unfortunately, these Extended Learning programs, certificates, or courses are not eligible for the Cal Vet Fee Waiver.

How do I request Financial Aid?
Please go to the Financial Aid and Scholarships section within the Student Services tab for more details. You can visit the Financial Aid and Scholarship office or call (760) 750-4850 with any questions. At the time of your application, we advise that you complete your FAFSA application.

After I graduate from your MS SLP program, can I work as an SLP in any state within the United States?
The SLP Program and University Credentialing office will provide information to you during your last semester to assist you in 1) applying for CFY status that leads to your national Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC), 2) temporary SLP state licensure, and 3) preliminary credentialing for the state of California. For more details about other state requirements, please view the State by State list for SLP licensure. For a credential to work in a school setting outside of California, the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) offers links to educational organizations in other states. Please note that employers may have different licensure and credentialing requirements for applicants.

University Links

Industry-Related Links