After you have applied to CSUSM, follow the next steps to make sure the rest of your
admissions process goes smoothly.
Your ID and password was sent to your email address that was listed on your application.
Use your assigned login information to access your MyCSUSM Student Center and regularly check your admission status. Outstanding items will
be listed on your "To Do List." Send us any items listed by the posted deadlines.
Submit the following items:
- All official post-secondary school records including certificates, examination grades,
degrees or diplomas in the original language of issue must be submitted through the postal mail in a school-sealed envelope
- Lower-division transfers must also send secondary school records.
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the U.S institution(s)
send official transcript(s) directly to CSUSM. If you are attending a California community
college, you may be able to send your transcripts electronically. Confirm with your
school to check if this option is available.
- Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas.
- Affidavit of Financial Support including bank statements or scholarship letterr
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report- log into your MyCSUSM student portal to see if you are required to submit this item
- This requirement is waived if you have successfully completed an approved freshman
composition course from a US institution
- If you do not have a passing TOEFL or IELTS, conditional admission is available. Please let us know by email at: email@example.com.
- Copy of your Passport
Send your unofficial transcripts and copies of documents now for an early admission
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT I-20: Please be advised that you must send your official transcripts through postal mail and have your test scores sent directly to CSUSM from testing agencies before we can issue the I-20 for the student visa.
When will we send out admission decisions? Your application will be reviewed as soon as we receive your documents. You will be informed of an admission decision promptly.
Once admitted, you will receive your admission offer via email along with detailed instructions
on how to request your I-20. The international admissions advisors from Global Education will send you details
about orientation and the sevis process. Please be sure to carefully watch your email since this is our primary means of communication.
California State University San Marcos - Office of International Admissions
Global Programs & Services
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, CA 92096-0001 USA
P: (760) 750-4844 F: (760) 750-3138