An international first-time freshman applicant is a student who wishes to study at our university on an F-1 (student)
visa, who is applying to one of our bachelor's degree programs and who has not yet
completed post-secondary coursework at a college or university.
APPLICATION FILING PERIODS:
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL!
- FALL 2019 October 1, 2018 - May 1, 2019
- SPRING 2020 August 1, 2019 - November 1, 2019
To apply, submit the following:
APPLICATION FEE CAN BE WAIVED FOR 2019!
All official academic records including certificates, examination grades, degrees
or diplomas in the original language of issue through the postal mail in a school-sealed envelope.
Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas
Affidavit of Financial Support including bank statements or scholarship letter.
Official TOEFL or IELTS score report - once you apply, you will be given online access to a student portal
where you can check if you are required to submit a test score. If you do not have
a passing test score, guaranteed conditional admission is available.
Copy of your Passport
- University Application:
EXPEDITE PROCESSING: UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS HERE for an early admission decision
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT I-20: Please be advised that you must send your official transcripts through postal mail and have your test scores sent directly to CSUSM from testing agencies before we can issue the I-20 for the student visa.
- Are or will be a high school/secondary school graduate or equivalent
- Equivalent of a "B" (3.0) grade point average
- SAT or ACT recommended but not required
- Satisfy English Language Proficiency Admission Requirement for admission purposes
with ONE of the following:
- TOEFL score of 61 iBT with writing score no lower than 19 and no section score below
- IELTS overall band score of 5.5, writing score no lower than 5.5 and no section score
- Attended a high school where English was the principal language of instruction for
3 years (confirm with our International Admissions Office to see if your school is
Conditional admission is available through our language program if you do not have a passing IELTS or TOEFL score. The minimum GPA required for conditional admission is 2.7.
Test credit accepted: Advanced Placement (AP), A/AS levels, College Level Examination
Program (CLEP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) (see International Admissions
office for details and other test credit accepted)
*Appeal process for special consideration due to extenuating circumstances/demonstrable
hardship may be considered, submit appeal to: email@example.com.
California State University San Marcos - Office of International Admissions
Global Programs & Services
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, CA 92096-0001 USA
P: (760) 750-4844 F: (760) 750-3138