- Scheduled appointments with an Academic Advisor are offered to admitted and matriculated undergraduate students.
- Be sure to run your ARR and Degree Planner before attending your appointment.
- Limited appointments are available during the add/drop period, enrollment periods
and during the summer. This is because we are offering drop-in advising or attending
new student orientations.
- Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), guests may not accompany a student into their advising appointment without a FERPA Release Form. If you wish to complete a FERPA Release Form, please do so well in advance of your appointment.
Scheduling an Appointment
- You can schedule your appointment by phone, online, or in person.
- Your student ID is required to check-in to your appointment.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Appointments can be made within 1 hour to 14 days in advance.
- Appointment length is 30 minutes.
- Appointments cannot be scheduled more than once per week.
- We do not offer scheduled appointments during the early registration period because
we are offering drop-in advising.
- Click for Instructions on how to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
- Before your scheduled appointment, you must cancel online.
- If you fail to cancel your appointment, it will be recorded as a “no-show”.
No Show Policy
In an effort to be fair and equitable to all students, Undergraduate Advising Services
enforces a “no-show” policy. This policy is not designed as a punishment; rather,
it serves as a reminder to be respectful of fellow students’ time.
- Please be courteous to other students by cancelling your appointment if you are unable
- Please arrive on time. Students who arrive 15 minutes or more after their scheduled
appointment will be asked to reschedule and will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- Students who "no show" or do not cancel their appointment on two occasions forfeit
their right to schedule further advising appointments for a 60-day period.