- During the first two weeks of the semester.
- Open Degree Planner and review the following semester (for example, if this is the beginning of Fall semester, refer to upcoming Spring)
- Review the number of units being suggested and click 'Edit Preferences' only if you wish to change the number of units you plan to take that semester. Most students will not have to make any changes here because the Degree Planner defaults at 15 units.
- At this time, it is unnecessary to click the “Select” lines, as this step is strictly planning for unit load.
- The university uses this basic data to inform the upcoming Class Schedule.