All students applying to the business administration program are initially classified
as Pre-Business by the Office of Admissions.
Students who have successfully completed the Pre-Business Core must submit a Business Status Application to the CoBA Advising Office. Business Status
is required prior to enrolling in upper-division business courses.
Please do not submit a Business Status Application until you have been officially
admitted to CSUSM.
- Pre-Business Accounting
- Pre-Business Finance
- Pre-Business Global Business
- Pre-Business Global Supply Chain Management
- Pre-Business Human Resources Management
- Pre-Business Management Entrepreneurship
- Pre-Business Management Information Systems
- Pre-Business Management & Organizations
- Pre-Business Marketing
- If you are sophomore standing or higher (30+ units), please declare your Pre-Business
option in your Student Center in myCSUSM.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses used for the major. Courses may
not be taken credit/no credit.
- All lower-division General Education requirements do not have to be completed prior
to applying for business status.
- Official transcripts/grades for non-CSUSM coursework must accompany the Business Status Application—the College of Business reserves the right to accept or deny any non-CSUSM, non-articulated
coursework (course syllabi may be required for review—please refer to assist.org to verify articulated coursework).
- Transcripts submitted to CoBA are in addition to official transcripts students must send to the Office of Admissions.